pages...

4.29.2011


"Because God has promised that our prayer grants us an audience with Him, accomplishing this task holds great promise. Believe in the power of prayer."

“Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart.” Jeremiah 29:12-13

"prayer is the essential task when desiring to see a movement of God turn human hearts."

Take some time to pray for what the Lord is doing around the world in his church. It has really impacted me to realize how I am part- not only of a local church/group of believers but that we are one with all of the believers spread around the world. We have a responsibility as we take part of this body. To be able to even begin to understand the bigger picture of what God is doing we also can come to realize what part we play in this. Some people will read more about what is happening, some will watch videos, some will go to visit encourage and train, some will write letters, but we all need to pray for one another. In my heart I desire to see more zeal and passion and boldness in myself and in others around me. I want my heart to grow five times it's size. I want to be able to love from a deeper place. I want to love the Lord more and in turn compassionate love flow from me like liquid light pouring out and touching others lives. I want others to know this doesn't come from me. I desire to dispose of all timidity, but rather, that the Lord would be the one to give me discernment of when to speak and when to stay silent in whichever social situation I find myself anywhere in the world. I pray for the power of God to continue to humble me. I desire to be lessened so that he may increase in me. I ask the Lord not to work in spite of me but through me! and what a great difference this makes!!!! I praise God because he is the king of the universe, he has conquered in his justice and mercy and allowed us to be a part of what he is doing. Our Lord Jesus the Messiah has made the way for forgiveness and newness of life, hope, and transformation.
Lord please uplift us, that we may live in the way you have meant us to, as individuals and as a church. Empower us through your Holy Spirit. Forgive us. Strengthen us that we would resist all forms of mediocrity. Make us so thirsty to see you glorified that we would dispose of all of the vain idols that corrupt our lives, all of the things in our lives that would stop us from living solely for you, even our desire to "succeed" here where we are. The things that matter so much to society around us mean nothing in light of what you have called us to be. Convict our spirits and open our eyes to these things that we have made priorities and truly are unimportant. What is seen will pass away but what is unseen will last forever. Strip us of the lies we believe about ourselves and others. Strip us of beliefs of inferiority, sense of superiority, spirit of criticism, and condescending pity. Strip us of disunity and competition with one another. Fill us with the fruits of the spirit as you mold us with your hands. We are yours and our lives are yours. We love you, praise and glorify your name!




No comments:

Post a Comment